After reading ā€œLearning is not a mechanismā€, I totallyĀ agreed with authorā€™s ideas. Stommel (2018) said ā€œStudents often do not have time to discover what they like and donā€™t seem to enjoy the experience and process of learning, the overall quality of the learning experience has diminished greatly as a resultā€(Stommel). Many students try to complete four years majors in two years. They take 6 courses in campus, and they have to take two or more courses outside campus. They nearly have no time to join any outside class activities. In fact, they forgot what they learned after they have completed courses. They learned how to finish an assessment and how to do well in a test. Students learning like machines because score is the only thing to evaluate them. Therefore, no matter Digital pedagogy or face-to-face lecture, I think teacher is the key. I have been to the class that students are pleasure to join in the class discussion, and class that everyone is doing their own work. I still can remember what I learned in the first type of classes, but for the second, it is not impressed. I agree with Stommel that Learning is a process of discovery. In addition, I thinkĀ a good teacher can make this process more interesting, and it helpsĀ students reduce the bad outcomes.

Reference:

Stommel, J. (2018, September 12). Learning is Not a Mechanism. Retrieved July7,2020,Ā From https://criticaldigitalpedagogy.pressbooks.com/chapter/learning-is-not-a-mechanism/