The articles that we read this week have given me a better understanding of Open pedagogy and Open Education Resources(OERs). In “A Guide to Making Open Textbooks with Students” DeRosa and Jhangiani have clarified the definition of open pedagogy, which is a platform that everyone can communicate with each others. I think it’s a good starting point, however, I think it’s a little unrealistic. If a person is afraid to make his point in front of acquaintances, how can he do it in front of strangers. In addition, when people are have a dispute, they both think the other is wrong, it is hard to judge whether who is right. There are a lot of these open pedagogy in China in previous years, a lot of people were seriously discussing some interesting topics, but these days it is only jokes and slang. It is inevitable that people will post some miscellaneous things.

Mays, E. (Ed.). (2017). A Guide to Making Open Textbooks With Students. Rebus Community Retrieved July 16, 2020, from https://press.rebus.community/makingopentextbookswithstudents/chapter/open-pedagogy/ [chapter 1]